Information about the MakeCode editor for the BBC micro:bit
Microsoft MakeCode for micro:bit is a free, open source platform for creating projects with the BBC micro:bit.
The source code for MakeCode for micro:bit target can be found at github.com/Microsoft/pxt-microbit
This target depends on several other repositories:
- https://github.com/Microsoft/pxt the PXT framework
- https://github.com/Microsoft/pxt-common-packages common APIs accross various MakeCode editors
- https://github.com/lancaster-university/microbit basic wrapper around the DAL
- https://github.com/lancaster-university/microbit-dal the micro:bit DAL
An app is available for Windows 10
An offline version of the MakeCode editor is available for use in situations where there is limited or no internet connectivity.
- MakeCode for micro:bit reference provides information and examples on using the blocks
- MakeCode Technical Docs for general development
Users can publish their own tutorials for simple, guided steps on using MakeCode. Tutorials also support third party extensions.
There are a variety of ways to get involved and interact: